Saturday 17 September 2016

Drugstore haul!

Hey Lovelies!

Thought I would share with you some recent pick ups. Some new products for me and some repurchased. Have a look and tell me what you think.





Face/Base products

Maybelline Fit me matte + powerless foundation, shade 105 natural ivory. 
This foundation for me is one I use for work or a trip to town. It works best for normal to oily skin and claims to refine and blur pores while keeping your completion looking matte. I have to say I didn't notice that much difference in terms of pore reducing but it did keep my oils at bay. It's not a super long lasting foundation so that's something to be aware of. 

Rimmel stay matte powder, shade 003 peach glow. A trusted powder I have used for years and years. It's a constant repurchase for me because it sets my Base well, carries slight coverage and keeps my skin looking oil free!  I find it lasts a good 5/6 hours. The shade I use has warm pink undertones like my skin and it's a perfect colour match. The powder itself is finely milled and applies evenly and smoothly.

Collection lasting perfection concealer, shade fair 1. By far the best concealer I've ever tried. Easily blended, brightens and conceals, doesn't crease or sink into any fine lines. This product has long lasting full coverage magic inside. I will purchase this again and again and recommended it to anyone ! Such an affordable product too! 

Real techniques miracle complexion sponge. The best alternative to the overpriced beauty blender that I really couldn't get on with. I much prefer the miracle sponge from real techniques. It's so easy to work with and blends my base flawlessly with minimal effort. Best results for me is when i dampen the sponge with luke warm water and gently pat product over my face. The miracle sponge distributes product evenly over my face and doesn't soak up to much product. I absolutely love it and i can't even begin to remember what make up application was before I purchased this. I know they've launched some new sponges for different area's, so I can't wait to try them out.

Eye products 
Freedom duo eyebrow powder, dark brown. After trying numerous brow pencils, powders, gels and pomades, I decided i preferred to use powders and a small angled brush to shape fill and define my brows. This duo is perfect colour wise to me, the brown is slightly warm which complements the warm tones in my dark hair. Both colours have great pigmentation and lasting power. I use the lighter colour for the start of my brows and the darker ones just before the arch to create the famous faded brow everyone is always lusting over. If you're a powder brow kinda girl i would certainly give these ago. 

Barry M dazzle dust, Venus. Another product I have had in my collection for many moons in various different colours. I added this one to the family because I love the subtle shimmer for a pretty natural look. I can't really describe the colour, it seems to change depending on the lighting but its a light bronzey, champagne kinda colour with slight pink tones? It lasts a good few hours with a decent eye primer which is perfect for a night out. There's so many different shades to chose from in my local drugstore I plan on collecting them all. This shade dazzle dust doubles up as a pretty little highlighter for the cheeks too, leaving them glowing!

Lip products.
NYX "creamy beige" lipstick. Let me tell you, this is the colour I have been looking for! It's a medium brown nude, somewhere in the middle of MAC's velvet teddy and Honey love. It's perfect and I am so obsessed, I think I've worn it every day since bringing it home. It's super creamy, non drying on my lips and is practically kiss proof. It lasts the whole day with no touch ups. I am so happy I found this lipstick, It's certainly one I will have to buy over and over again. One thing that does bother me ever so slightly is the scent. It has the typical waxy lipstick smell which I don't like, i feel if they added a vanilla scent it would be absolute make up heaven. 

NYX "beige pearl" mega shine lip gloss. Perfect. It's absolutely perfect. I'm sure I almost cried tears of happiness when I first tried this on. It's a high shine gloss but without the stickiness of most lip glosses. The product name is perfect, it really is a pearly beige colour and it goes so well with the lipstick mentioned above. A doe foot applicator makes it super easy to apply evenly.This lipgloss ticks every single box for me and i will be going out to get the remaining shades I don't already own. Let me tell you, the scent of this gloss is out of this world. It's super sweet, like cherries and sherbet sweets. This is what I remember my childhood to smell like, and I like it! ALOT !

Other
Garnier Micellar cleansing water. 400ml. This product has found its way into my daily skin care routine for a few months now and I keep picking up a new one every time I visit the shops. It's really gentle on my skin but still does a good job of removing my make up. I picked up this 400ml bottle in primark for only £2! (RRP £4.99) and I thought it rude not to buy it. I usually splash some onto a cotton pad or face wipe then go to town. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a gentle cleanser that is kind to sensitive skin. 

Palmers cocoa butter instant relief hand cream. A friend at work used this once and I was obsessed with the strong sweet chocolate smell. She kindly gave me a tube and it was love. I don't know how my hands survived the days without this cream. After using the cream my hands feel nourished and softer which is a pleasant change from dry, chemically smelling sanitised hands. Another staple item i will continue to re-purchase. 

I hope you enjoyed reading about all my lovely goodies, let me know if there's anything from the list you've tried and how you got on. 

Kisses and love
Jazziepickles

Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored, links are not affiliated and all thoughts and opinions are my own. 


No comments:

Post a Comment